Monday, November 2, 2009

Humor


This week's theme is humor, one of my favorites. I read Chris Crutcher's memoir King of the Mild Frontier which didn't disappoint--he is brutally honest, and funny. Chris is every kid--a "bawlbaby", a jock wannabe, a loser with the ladies. He puts the spin of comedy on our own teen embarrassments and shares how these episodes later shaped his books. I respect Chris Crutcher--he writes what he feels in e his own way, using his own language, paying no heed to his censors. Go Chris!

I visited the public library in search of humorous YA books. What I found was that many books for teens have some element of humor; it's common as a way to sooth all the angst flying around.

After checking some of the YA humor lists, I visited my public library to see what other YA books might tickle my funny bone.



No comments:

Post a Comment