Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ready or Not by Meg Cabot

I'll confess I haven't read any of the Meg Cabot Princess Diary or All-American Girl books, but I know they are extremely popular with tween and teen girls. This book caught my eye as I perused the shelves at the public library today. Samantha Madison is dating the president's son, who publicly announces he is ready to take their relationship to the "next level." Samantha is a junior in high school and now must decide if she is ready to have sex with her boyfriend. This topic is one that is on the mind of many teens, so I think it could be an interesting choice. I'd like to read it to see how it plays out (although apparently the fireworks on the cover are a hint that she was ready) and how Cabot handles things like self-esteem, responsibility and contraception.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the mythical fireworks... I do love Meg Cabot and she mixes funny with romantic very sucessfully.

    ReplyDelete